The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is in operation from 1 July 2021. POPI regulates how we handle personal information.
POPI is intended to balance constitutional right to privacy (which requires personal information to be protected) and the needs of society to have access to and to use personal information for legitimate purposes as may be allowed or as may be agreed to.
In terms of the POPI Act we are obliged to inform users / clients / third parties of our process.
THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CLIENTS / USERS OF OUR WEBSITE
- We will collect the majority personal information from yourself. We will also collect personal information of any third party that might have been involved in any communication.
- We will be collecting personal information to enable us to conclude any transaction or deliver the service or sell the product applicable.
- In many instances we are legally obliged to collect personal information in order to comply with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA). A Party has a choice as to supply the information or not. If the information is not supplied we may not be able to assist with the required service or product.
- The personal information will be supplied to third parties in order to deliver the service or to comply with legislation, however the case may be.
- Unless we are legally obliged to share personal information or in the event we cannot deliver the service or product without sharing personal information, we will only share so much personal information as may be required or as we may be obliged to provide.
- Any person are entitled to ask us how personal information will be shared and how it will be protected, should any party require this information kindly do so by e-mail.
- The following rights are available:
The right of access to a persons own personal information, the right to correct any errors relating to the information on record and the right to object the continuance to process personal information.
We are obliged to retain records for a period of. During this period, personal information will also remain protected. After this period has expired, personal information will be destroyed in a way that de-identifies an individual.
- THE SECURITY OF OUR SYSTEMS
Information are protected by firewalls and password access.
Should a party have any issues with the way in which we are processing personal information, a party are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
33 Hoofd Street, Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark, P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017. Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Our processing of personal information will be dealt with in a way that complies with relevant laws
- COMPLIANCE MANUAL
Should you wish to receive a copy of our Compliance Manual for the IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT OF 2013, kindly e-mail us and we shall forward same to you.
Henk van AswegenB. Proc (U.P.)